Monday, February 1, 2016

Robert Harold Kelley

He is a goofball. He is a hot head. He is a good ol' boy from Avery's Creek. He is Lorelei's Daddy. He is hard working. He is incredibly handsome. He is stubborn. He is a momma's boy. He is a big brother (to 6 other kids, a little brother to 1). He is honest. He is Evangeline's Daddy. He is patient. He is broken. He is tattooed. He is a beer lover. He is a best friend. He is an uncle. He is a pain in the ass. He is a sinner. He is a wild child. He is a pyromaniac. He is compassionate. He is a leader. He is a blessing. He is my husband and I couldn't love him anymore if I tried.

I met him when I was 19 years old. He was 28, divorced with a kid. Every parent's dream right? He drove a motorcycle and a purple Nissan pickup truck. I met him at his best friend's house during my fall break from school. I knew from the minute I saw him that he was special. We spent the entire night talking and have been together every day since. Never split up once, and haven't gone more than a week without seeing each other. Never gone more than 12 hours without communicating. He is the other half of me.

It wasn't an earth shattering, mind blowing, knock you on your feet type of feeling. It was quiet. It was just like I was whole for the first time in my life. (Though before that I could have sworn I was whole. I didn't know what I was missing.) I could not imagine my life without him. At our wedding, our officiant read this and it couldn't be more accurate.



I would choose Robby in any version of reality that there is. I would (and may have) find him in any lifetime and any time period. He is my person. My best friend. My lover. My husband. I love you Kumar.

No comments:

Post a Comment