Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I got you fam...

My stepdaughter will appreciate this title ... apparently that's what kids say nowadays. Week 3's post is about family, and boy do we have a lot! I am one of two children. My parents Steve and Valerie are High School Sweethearts (longer than that actually but Kindergarten Sweethearts sounds strange.) 10 years before I was born in 1986, they had my brother Matthew. He is the most amazing brother in the world. Actually he is the most amazing person. Not a single person on the planet has a bad thing to say about him. He gets that from our mom. She is a freaking angel. Everyone loves her. My dad and I ... well we are straight shooters. We say what we think and work hard to do our jobs the best way we can. Sometimes people don't like that, but I couldn't be prouder to be his daughter. He is an amazing man who has overcome so much in his life. My parents are both from wonderful families. My dad's parents were these tiny little nuggets of love. His parents, Arnold and Helen, were very hardworking, sweet little people. He has two sisters, Barbara and Hope. My mom's parents are Alice and Batson and they couldn't be any more cute if they tried. They have been together for 60 something years. He knew from the moment he saw her that he loved her. They got married while she was still in high school and had my mom shortly there after. My aunt was born 22 years after that. (Talk about an age gap!) I have wonderful cousins on both sides of my family and so I consider myself a lucky girl.

My husband's family is HUGE! He is one of 8 kids. 4 boys, 4 girls and all their names start with R. Robyn, Robby, Rebekah, Ryane, Rahn, Rachel, Ross and Rustyn. It makes for a fun conversation because someone calls the wrong name 3 out of 4 times. I have 14 nieces and nephews and one great nephew. There are in laws to boot and we joke sometimes that if you put water on a Kelley it will split into two. I am currently working on my Husband's family tree through ancestry.com and it will not surprise you to learn that their ancestors had huge families as well. Seriously this family is huge. My mother in law and father in law are very sweet people. I was very blessed to have married into such a great family. One day I hope to add more Kelley babies to the world. But I need a bigger house first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment