Great question. Why on earth would I want to add another thing to my already full plate? Home, School, Internship, Work, Family, Friends ... and now 2016 Gratitude Challenge. But I guess it's not too much, and it will be really great to look back on.
I want to remember this year, better than the other years that have seemed to fly by. This year will be a pretty big year for our family. I am turning 30 in January, Lorelei will turn 13 in April, Evan starts Kindergarten in August, Robby will turn 40 in December and sometime this year we will have our brand new home. We are getting ready to move from our first home into an apartment while we build our new home. Building will be a big adventure, and hopefully it will go smoothly with no drama!
I think turning 30 is what sparked this desire in me to focus on life more. To grow up more. Yes I know, 30 is technically grown but there are so many things I'm still an 18 year old about. I need to manage money better, I need to take care of myself better, I need to be a better wife and mother. I need to be a better student and teacher. I just need to be better, do better, live better.
So that's why I'm hoping to accomplish with this gratitude challenge. Each week I will write a bit about something I am grateful for. If you are so inclined, comment and share your thoughts. If you wanna take this challenge with me, check out the image on the right side of the page. You can do the gratitude challenge from Facebook, in a blog or even writing it for yourself in a journal.
Happy First Week of 2016!!!
I love this idea, and I love reading about you and your family. What a great way to start the big year ahead!!
ReplyDeleteJackie